Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

New Year

Burmese New Year

My family celebrates Burmese New Year. We celebrate it in New Zealand when it is New Year in Burma. I like Burmese New Year because it’s fun and there are lots of my family and friends that come over.

For Burmese New Year we eat chicken and rice.  We always eat chicken and rice, and I like the chicken because we get special sauce on it. I like the rice because it has tomatoes, beans and noodles. My family and I always do this for Burmese New Year. After we eat we have a drink we have coca cola, sprite and fanta. We have at least 10 cans of coca cola, sprite, and fanta because there are lots and lots of people.

Then we go to play outside because the adults are praying so we go and play outside. I was playing on the playground when we have a break. I like the playground because it has a long slide.

When the people finish praying we can go inside and eat again. I usually eat fruit because I am full. I didn’t want to eat rice again so I ate fruit. I eat a lot because it is the last thing you get to eat when the day is over. If there are drinks left, you can take it, so I take one. Then we go home. We do this every year in New Zealand.    

San Tat     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.